With the beginning of each new year there always hangs the promise of creating oneself anew and reinvention. I have tried to incorporate this every month to constantly create anew but so far at the end of each month I sit on my bed of my messy studio apartment thinking of all of the ways that I could have done better and unfulfilled promises. However along with the month slot changing in the calendar, the year slot has also changed from 2017 to 2018 with this brings the hope that maybe the tide will be turn, and things will be different. I am a person that has always lived in their own version of Fantasyland and decided to escape the real world, I hope that with 2018 comes the promise of returning to the real world more often.
I originally created this blog so I could express my thoughts on anxiety, on loss, on navigating through this world, reviewing and explaining stories from cartoons to opera, and of going through this world creatively. It had so much promise but unfortunately has not seen enough care to grow as a community. I wish to change that in 2018. As of this year I vow to post two new blog posts each week on Mondays and Thursdays. Each week I hope to focus on a creative post as well as one about mental health. In addition to these topics I also would also like have extra posts dedicated to thoughts on life and monthly goal posts. I feel it is important to keep the monthly goals in check for as vlogger Jenna Moreci says “Public humiliation is an excellent motivator”.
The ways that I am going to make in check is to utilize timers on my phone, my phone calendar, my wall calendar and to do list. Hopefully with all of these in place I can truly restart and be held accountable. I am sure many readers are aware of the dread of seeing a box unchecked. I am still refining my list of what I would like to do by the end of the year but here is my list so far.
- Keep updated twice a week
- Be able to run a half marathon by the end of 2018
- Finish my tshirt quilt and scrapbook
- Start and complete more knitting projects
- Visit at least two foreign countries
- Go hiking no less than 20 times this year
- Become a more conscious consumer
- Finish the first draft of my novel
- Read more books including audiobooks
- Make a large dent in my complete collection of Emily Dickinson poetry
- Listen to a large variety of music
- Make a more conscious effort to visit friends
- Volunteer more and attend protests
- Learn new skills using skillshare
- Meditate and do a mindful activity once per day
- Deep clean my apartment once every three months
- return to music making
- become proficient on the ukelele
This list is quite the one to conquer but I plan on going forward with it and adding to this list. I will leave you with this until Monday. Are there any resolutions or projects you have been working on recently?